URL, title tag and meta description
What is a meta title?
Meta name title is an HTML markup element that briefly describes the essence of the displayed page. It is also called the page title. This tag is taken into account by search robots when ranking the issue. It is not displayed directly on the site, but is displayed on the browser tab, as well as in the SERP snippet.
How to write the title correctly?
- Correct title = higher CTR in search results than competitors;
- First, only the most frequent word or phrase;
- In the first 55 characters, use the most frequent words;
- Never make a title in isolation from the semantic core;
- Always correctly distribute pages depending on key queries;
What should the title be?
The optimal title size in Google is 45-65 characters, which allows you to effectively use key phrases and additional text.
How to fill in keywords correctly?
Key phrases in the keywords tag must be separated by commas with a space. The number of requests should be small, the content should be fully consistent with the theme of the page. Do not use repetition of words.
What to write in the title tag?
The title tag is an HTML element used to specify the title of a web page. Its main task is to tell visitors and search engines what to expect from visiting a web page (as briefly as possible).
How to write a good title?
The title is required for each page and must be unique. Avoid generic titles. The title should be short but descriptive. Use keywords without bigotry.
How to write Description correctly?
Recommendations for compiling a description:
- The optimal length of the description text is from 80 to 160 characters with spaces.
- The tag should describe the content of a specific resource page.
- Specify the most important information by placing keywords at the beginning of the tag.
- Description should not repeat title.
- Should be written for people and describe competitive advantage.
- It should contain a call to action and arouse interest.
How to correctly fill in the keywords meta tag?
How to fill meta keywords tag:
- The content of the meta tag for each page must be unique.
- Use no more than 2-4 key phrases for one page.
- Separate them with commas, do not write in continuous text.
- Do not use general phrases, for example: "kitchen, order, buy, city."
How to check meta tags on a website?
The easiest way to check meta tags is to use the SEO analysis service, which not only checks the presence and length of these tags, but also matches the content of the site.
What META tags affect website traffic?
Title and Description meta tags (“title” and “description”) are important elements of SEO promotion, which are designed to describe the page content in a structured way. They are necessary for further identification of the page in the search results and its evaluation by search robots.
What does a meta tag look like?
Title tag. The title meta tag is the title of the web page. It must appear on all pages of the site. In the search results, the title is displayed as a large blue link, and when you open the page, it is visible in the title of the browser tab.
Why tags should not be duplicated on the site?
The fact is that the title is very often displayed in the search results along with the content of the description tag, so it is clear that they should not be duplicated, but should reveal and complement each other's meaning.
The title tag must be different from the description and h1 tags, and they must be unique for all pages of the site so that the search engine does not guess which of several similar pages to show in the results.
What section are META tags in?
Meta tags (from English meta tags) are elements (html tags) of a web page used to convey structured metadata, usually placed in the ... section of a web document.
What should the URL be?
Golden Rules for URL Formation
- avoid using parameters in links (/?product=123);
- say no to links that are too long, no more than 60-120 characters;
- use the names of sections and products in links;
- repeat the site structure hierarchy /category/brand-model/;
- do not use Cyrillic /%D1%81%D0%B0%D0%B9%D1%82/;
- use "-" instead of "_" to separate words in links;
This is all you need to know about the key parameters of search engine optimization of your pages - meta tags. To learn more content recommendations for links and multimedia and micro markup for your site, you can use our page analysis tool.
Did you like the material? Share the link!